Partnership for the Advancement of Cancer Research is a long-term, comprehensive National Cancer Institute partnership between New Mexico State University and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Together, we are dedicated to improving cancer health equity by providing opportunities for research, education, training, and community engagement for underserved populations in the U.S. Southwest and Pacific Northwest.
This partnership aims to:
- Develop a diverse portfolio of robust cancer research projects that span clinical, basic and population health sciences
- Collaborate with regional community organizations that work with underrepresented populations to reduce cancer health disparities
- Maintain, strengthen and evaluate our effective research education programs for current and future underrepresented scientists
- Implement evidence-based and relevant cancer-related public health interventions within underrepresented communities
- Expand the scientific collaboration among partnership members and other faculty within the two institutions